I have a dream. As much as I dislike racism, this isn’t the Martin Luther kind. No, this one is decidedly more selfish. My dream is to make a life with my girlfriend and see the world.There’s some criteria to this:
- This life must support me, my fiance, and our dog.
- I want the freedom to pick up and move when we want.
- In order to achieve the previous point, we need to minimize our possessions.
- I want to minimize our footprint on this world.
- I want to maintain a certain safety net of savings that I’m fine growing, but it should never go below $10000 US.
- I need internet access.
- I want to achieve this with as little stress as possible.
Let’s call these The Dream Chaser Commandments. This list may have amendments, but my fiance and I are pretty simple people who don’t need a ton out of this life. But there are things that would be pretty awesome to include as well. Here’s my Dream Chaser Bucket List (which is definitely subject to change):
- I want to earn a living purely from freelance writing
- I want to start or invest in a business
- I want to figure out a way to literally spread positivity everywhere I go
- I want to go with solar energy
- I want a greenhouse
- I want to document all of this through pictures, videos, and blogs. Maybe even rebranding my podcast
Oh, I’ll definitely be adding to this. Some may be ridiculously impossible to do, but I figure if I’m gonna live, I’m gonna live.
I’m gonna keep my bucket list in a Google Document. I think a cool idea would be letting people join my bucket list goals. I’ll figure that out later.My fiance and I are also applying for a K1 visa so we can get married. I’m submitting my portion of this in January. This is a huge part of our dream so a lot of this may not happen until we get approved.
In the meantime, I’m focused on trying to save as much money as possible. To be more specific, I’m trying to have $15K saved by July. We have to wait on that marriage anyway, so I may as well try to be productive.
In the coming weeks, I’m going to share different things we have to do in preparation, how we’re deciding where to go, budgeting, working remotely, etc. I feel like dreams can be achieved if you’re lucky enough to have the right circumstances and a little bit of drive. Maybe I have that now. Maybe I don’t. I’m damn well going to try.
Time to chase a dream.